Please see attached some photos and review of the event if you did not make it.
Thanks again to everybody including;
1. ILAS Airfield Team
- Aidan Power as Airfield Coordinator was the main organiser of the event and responsible for ATC, he was assisted by Charles O'Shea (ILAS Permit Secretary) and Ken Townsend (ILAS Auditor).
- Peter McCleane was Safety Officer, ably assisted by Brendan Wallace and John Cronin.
- The Catering was provided by Graham Scallan and his wife Aodhain (Aidan's daughter and son in law)
- Clearly many other ILAS members were involved but it's not possible to name them all
A big thank you also to our neighbours from the area surrounding the Airfield, including land owner Mrs Von White, all of whom are very supportive, which in turn creates a nice community feeling for all to enjoy.
2. Participating Aircraft & Pilots
- Overall about 50 aircraft attended (not double counting aircraft which attended on both days), we were most impressed with the range and variety of aircraft types, which included both ILAS amateur-built and ex-factory classic & vintage aircraft.
- A special thanks is due to the Aer Lingus Charitable Foundation for making the DH.84 Dragon "Iolar' / EI-ABI available and particularly Brendan Bruton, Paul Van Lonkhuyzen and Frank Lawless who operated the aircraft on the day.
- Many thanks also to Dave Bruton for putting on a wonderful aerobatic display in his Xtremeair Sbach 342 / D-ECXA
- This year we were very pleased to welcome the Irish Coast Guard Sikorsky S-92A / EI-ICU from Waterford, so thanks to Captain Parker and crew for visiting ILAS Field for the first time, which was much appreciated by all.
3. Activity on Sunday
- Weather on Sunday was even warmer than the previous day, however aircraft arrivals were lower with about 20 aircraft relative to 30 attending on Saturday. Nevertheless, in many respects the atmosphere was slightly more relaxed with plenty of opportunity to chat and drink cups of tea.
4. List of Attending Aircraft
|Date||Aircraft Reg:||Type & Model||Pilot||Notes:|
|21/06/2014||D-EXCA||Sbach 342||Dave Bruton|
|EI-ABI||DH.84 Dragon "Iolar"||Paul Van Lonkhuyzen|
|EI-AEE||Auster J/1 Autocrat||Owen & Nichole O'Sullivan|
|EI-AEF||Cessna 120||Jim Halligan|
|EI-AEJ||Piper PA-16 Clipper||James Dolan|
|EI-AFF||BA Swallow||JJ Sullivan||based at Field|
|EI-AHI||DH.82 Tiger Moth||JJ Sullivan & Brian Molloy||based at Field|
|EI-ANY||Piper PA-18 Super Cub||Noel Maher|
|EI-BCJ||F.8L Falco||Mike McLoughlin|
|EI-BJB||Aeronca 7AC||William Kennedy|
|EI-BYX||Champion Citabria 7 GCAA||P J Gallagher|
|EI-CFH||Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser||Gay Treacy|
|EI-CGF||Luton Major LA.5A||Pat White|
|EI-DJM||Piper Warrior PA-28-161||Waterford Aero Club|
|EI-DKW||Eurostar EV-97||Ormand Flying Club|
|EI-DOB||Zenair CH. 701||Des O'Brien|
|EI-DRM||Urban Air UFM-10 Samba||Ken & Olivia Haslett|
|EI-DXN||Zenair Zodiac CH.601 HD||Noel Gallagher||based at Field|
|EI-EPP||Piper Tripacer PA-22-160||Pat McCabe|
|EI-FDF||Urban Air UFM-10 Samba||Kieran Dardis|
|EI-ICU||Sikorsky S-92A||Irish Coast Guard|
|EI-LEM||Socata TB-9 Tampico||Michael Fleming|
|EI-SEA||Aerodyne Searey||John Brennan|
|EI-SMK||Zenair CH. 701||Seamus King|
|G-AIRC||Auster J/1 Autocrat||Nicky O'Brien|
|G-CBRZ||Air Creation Kiss 400||Jim Ryan|
|G-CDIP||Sky Ranger||Alan Ryan|
|G-CDSW||Ikarus C42||Richard Skelton|
|G-CEEW||Ikarus C42||Carrickmore Flying Club|
|G-CWAY||Ikarus C42||Martin Conway|
|G-DPEP||Aero At-3||Ormand Flying Club|
|N707XJ||Cessna 177 Cardinal||Southern Air|
|OK-JUA||Urban Air UFM-10 Samba||Dave O'Gorman|
|22/06/2014||D-ETRE||Technam P.2002||Esam Bishara|
|EI-ANY||Piper PA-18 Super Cub||Noel Maher||Saturday also|
|EI-BCM||Piper L-4H Cub||Michael Bergin & Others|
|EI-BKC||Aeronca 15AC||Gordon Hendrick|
|EI-BVY||Zenair CH.200||Mick Skelly|
|EI-CGF||Luton Major LA.5A||Pat White||Saturday also|
|EI-DKJ||Thruster T.600N||Con Brogan|
|EI-DXT||Urban Air UFM-10 Samba||Noel Irwin|
|EI-DZS||Land Africa||Michael White|
|EI-EMV||Sportcruiser||Liam Doherty||Saturday also|
|EI-ESE||Zenair CH.601 XL Zodiac||Cathal O'Connel|
|EI-EWZ||Brugger Colibri||Ken Townsend||based at Field|
|EI-FCA||Urban Air UFM-11 Lambada||Sean Walsh||Fly past did not land|
|EI-GDJ||Piper J.4E Cub Coupe||Ballyboughal Flying Group|
|EI-JIM||Urban Air UFM-10 Samba||Jim Smith|
|EI-TIM||Piper J.5A Cub Cruiser||Noel & Conor Murphy|
|EI-WFD||Technam P.2002||Waterford Aero Club|
|G-ASLX||Emeraude CP 301A||John Reilly|
|G-CDSW||Ikarus C42||Richard Skelton||Saturday also|
|OK-JUA||Urban Air UFM-10 Samba||Dave O'Gorman||Saturday also|
BA Swallow EI-AFF has been sold and it has departed for its new home in the UK yesterday. We wish her new owner the best of luck with her and we hope to see her in the air again very shortly. I have also included a photo of EI-AFF at the last breakfast fly-in.